Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crystal


This is a pic of my beautiful sister Crystal. She left us 5 years ago today to be with our heavenly Father. She was 18 and fought a tough battle of large cell lymphoma cancer. She was a trooper. This pic was from her SR Prom. She had just been released from the hospital and was told that she was terminal. She tried to live life to the fullest...what else could she do?!?! Aug 15Th 2003 she gave her life to the Lord after fighting His every call. Oct 22 He called her home for eternity. That day was the hardest day my family ever has had to experience, but also the most peaceful knowing that she was not suffering anymore.
I was pregnant with Josiah when she passed..but he knows she loved him and that she is looking down from heaven with Jesus watching over him as his special angel. He still calls her car hers even though it's in our garage. It is sooo sweet. She was the 1st person to know I was pregnant. We kept the secret until our brother's 2 week break from Iraq when all of the family was together...there we annouced w/ my sister Tonya too that both of us were expecting (3 weeks apart!) We would stay up all night talking, watching movies and of course eating. We were hooked on hot mamas for a while. I look back at those speicial times and wish we could have had so many more. We always teased my mom that God had to send her two grand-babies at once to keep her as busy as Crystal did! Crystal we are grateful for the 18yrs we got to be a part of your life and are thankful that you are forever in our hearts and memories.
We miss you and love you so much and can't wait to be where you are!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Fether, what a sweet post. So awesome....

I didn't know you had a blog, so I will be checking it and will definitely show it to Max. He found a picture of Josiah today and the stories started coming...he told me that Josiah taught him how to do this, or that.

So good just to hear about what is going on with you all and to see your faces!

Love you!!

Becki Francy said...

Fether, what a beautiful post...

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a sister....that would totally break my heart! Continue to remember her the way you do, it is beautiful.....

Al's World said...

Hey, great to see you blogging, thank you for sharing Crystal with us, I think of her going to Freedom Celebration and all that God did through her the last months of her life. Miss you! check out mine: allchrste.blogspot